The Board wants to make sure that it represents the faces of Kansans with disabilities, therefore we seek applicants from various parts of our population, such as race, ethnicity, disability, age, geographic, sexual orientation, and gender identification. A call for applicants to join the Kansas Disability Caucus Board goes out each fall. We review all applications from individuals wanting to join the group to organize and coordinate activities that promote independent living of all people with disabilities through collaboration, networking, education, planning, and peer-to-peer interaction, including the large Caucus event held during even numbered years. We look for individuals that are very committed to work hard in both planning and the hands-on work needed to have a successful Caucus.
If you believe in the mission of the Kansas Disability Caucus, Inc. and are interested in furthering the purpose of this organization, please submit your application. We take board applications in the fall for possible appointment in the following January. We will contact you if you are chosen to join the Board or if we have more questions for you.
Things to Know
- Disability Caucus Board positions are for two-year terms.
- The Disability Caucus Board typically meets once a month through virtual meetings or in person meetings.
- The Disability Caucus Board welcomes people with and without disabilities, but a majority of members should be individuals with a disability.
- There is no financial compensation to Board members for duties carried out, but they may get reimbursed for expenses incurred, such as travel expenses, as approved by the Board.
- This is a working board, so be ready to contribute your skills, knowledge, and time!
For more information about serving on the Disability Caucus Board of Directors, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-628-8019.